What Does The Bible Say About Guardian Angels?


I have done a fantastic deal of research on angels over the past few decades.  There are plenty of conflicting statements.  In fact, get on the Internet and do a search on "angels of the bible"; You may discover about 3 million outcomes.  There are nearly that many distinct opinions on angels also.  After reading novels, such as Billy Graham's Angels and tearing through as much advice as I can get my hands on, then praying for advice, I have come to some decisions of my own.  I would love to share them with you.   Many men and women tell of cases where a guardian angel saved them out of harm.  I read one just the other day about a lady who had been driving her car to work one morning when she heard a voice tell her to appear in her rear view mirror.  She looked up just in time to see a car coming up at her at a very quick speed.  If she had not looked, she wouldn't have had the time to swerve from their way, thus avoiding a certain fatal wreck.

From everything I will read and comprehend, it is likely to be assisted by a guardian angel, but it's important to remember that, if you are aided by a guardian angel, then they work for God.  That means that God commanded that the angel assist you.  Your gratitude ought to be toward God and not the angel.  The Bible makes it crystal clear that angels don't want our gratitude.  Here is a verse that demonstrates that.

Revelation 22:8 I, John, saw and heard these things.  When I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these items.  9 Then he said to me, See you do not do that.  For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those that keep the words of the book.  Worship God.

God has a reason to send an angel to help.  We might never understand His motive, but must accept it and worship Him.  As I say all the time, all the glory goes to God.  But, that leads me to another part of this newsletter.  If God does use angels to protect usshouldn't we try to get in touch with a guardian angel?  Let me say rather reluctantly, NOOOOOO!

The Bible makes it crystal clear that trying to contact angels is dangerous.

Reason - Not all angels are good.  Have a look at this verse to understand.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.  15 So it is not strange if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.  Their end will correspond to their actions.

 His followers are fallen angels.  If you attempt to contact an angel, isn't it possible that a fallen angel will come and try to direct you away from God?  Always Speak to God.  Don't attempt to talk to an angel.  Remember, angels are used by God.  Angels may do nothing without God's will.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pray The Right Way

How To Pray To The Guardian Angels